Quick guide to updating system
1) pkgr -s ; # Sync
2) pkgr -U ; # Update system
NOTE: If kernel update is available, you will need to install the new kernel along with firmware, reboot, then do upgrade:
3) pkgr -i linux-kernel; pkgr -i linux-firmware;
4) systemctl reboot; # reboot (read next line before rebooting)
IMPORTANT: If there's any critical boot services that depend on loaded modules, you may have to disable them first.
For example if you mount a Virtual Box shared folder in your fstab, you should comment it out before rebooting.
Also, the system probably will not come up as expected (eg. X may fail to load).
5) pkgr -U ; # Update system
Note: After updating, restore any changes made to critical boot services
6) systemctl reboot; # reboot
7) System should boot normally.